Back To School Immunizations
July 23, 2018
Palm Beach County—Florida Department of Health in Palm Beach County is consolidating its back to school immunization clinics and outreaches to better serve those needing school shots from July 30 to August 17.
“We want every student in need of immunizations for school to be able to get those shots in plenty of time before school starts,” said Dr. Alina Alonso, Director Florida Department of Health in Palm Beach County. “We’ve consolidated our staff and will be offering appointments and accommodating walk-ins at three locations.”
The three locations will be West Palm Beach Health Center, 1150 45th Street, Lantana Health Center, 1250 Southwinds Drive and C.L. Brumback Health Center 38754 SR 80, Belle Glade.
New students to the Palm Beach County School System are required to have a completed DH 680 form as proof their immunizations are up to date. Returning students to the seventh grade will need a Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap) Booster and a physical. The Department of Health does not offer school physicals.
Everyone is encouraged to visit their physician or medical provider for immunizations. The Health Department immunization clinics are available to those without a medical provider and to accommodate those who may not have been able to get an appointment with their provider in time for school.
From July 30 to August 17 Walk-ins on a first come first serve basis will be at West Palm Beach and Lantana. Appointments will be accepted for Belle Glade and West Palm Beach only. Call 561-625-5180.
Florida Certificate of Immunization, Form DH 680 is the only document that the schools are permitted to accept as proof of immunization.
· Diphtheria/Tetanus/Pertussis (DTaP)- 5 Doses
· Polio (OPV or IPV)- 4 doses (K must have at least 1 dose after age 4)
· Measles/Mumps/Rubella- 2 doses (usually given as 2 doses MMR)
· Hepatitis B (Hep B)- 3 doses
Kindergarten to 10th Grade
· Varicella- 2 doses or provider verification of Chickenpox disease history on form DH 680
11th Grade-12th Grade
· Varicella- 1 dose or provider verification of Chickenpox disease history on form DH 680
7th-12th grades (entry or repeating, if not given previously)
· Tetanus/Diphtheria & Pertussis Booster (Tdap)- 1 dose
Pre-K Programs (age appropriate doses as indicated)
· Diphtheria/Tetanus/Pertussis (DTaP)
· Polio (OPV or IPV)
· Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR)
· Haemophilus Influenza, type B (HIB)
· Hepatitis B (Hep B)
· Varicella (VZV)