COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing Options for Palm Beach County Residents
August 05, 2021
Palm Beach County, FL – The Florida Department of Health in Palm Beach County is reminding the public that both COVID-19 vaccination and testing locations are widely available for all Palm Beach County residents. This includes most commercial pharmacies and doctors’ offices. A full list of vaccination and testing locations in Palm Beach County, as well as statewide, are available on www.floridahealthcovid19.gov.
New COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing Site
To ensure vaccination and testing resources are available to our community, DOH-Palm Beach will now have an additional free COVID-19 vaccination and testing site open daily. This site is will begin administering services seven days a week with extended hours below, Friday, August 6th, 2021.
Mid County Senior Center - Main Auditorium
3680 Lake Worth Road
Palm Springs, FL 33461
Open Mon-Sun: 9am to 7pm
Appointments are not necessary, and insurance is not required. For general questions regarding this location please call 850-583-2419.
Depending on the test you receive, test results can often take a number of days for you to get your results. Please keep this in mind if you are traveling in the near future.
Regardless of vaccination status, if you experience COVID-19 symptoms you should keep your distance, be evaluated by your health care provider, and get tested.
Public health is everyone’s responsibility. In addition to getting vaccinated, the best way to prevent illness is to practice tried and true public health mitigation measures, including:
- Getting vaccinated against other preventable diseases.
- Staying home when you are sick.
- Washing your hands frequently and for at least 20 seconds.
- Using hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol in the ingredients.
- Covering your cough or sneeze by using a tissue or your sleeve or elbow.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The COVID-19 vaccines continue to be vital to ending the pandemic, including combating the recent case increases nationally and globally.
The authorized and recommended COVID-19 vaccines:
- Significantly reduce the risk of contracting the virus even if you are exposed.
- Teach your body how to fight the virus.
- Reduce the risk of severe symptoms, hospitalization, and death if you contract the virus.
- Minimize the ability for the virus to spread, especially to our most vulnerable populations.
- Fight against emerging variants that can cause worse symptoms and be more transmissible.
For a further list of vaccination and testing sites, visit www.floridahealthcovid19.gov.
About the Florida Department of Health
The department works to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts.
Follow DOH-Palm Beach on Twitter at@HealthyFLPBC
To learn more about DOH-Palm Beach programs, visit www.pbchd.com.