The just released Community Health Assessment (CHA) for Palm Beach County, a systematic method of identifying unmet health care and human service needs and possible interventions, is a collaboration between the Florida Department of Health in Palm Beach County, the Health Care District of Palm Beach County, and over 40 community partner organizations.
- DOH Announces Two Leadership Appointments
- Department of Health Zika Update
- Fight Mosquitos with these Simple Tips
- Florida Health Highlights Importance of HIV Testing on National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
- Health Advisory Canceled Ocean Inlet and Sandoway Beaches
- Health Advisory Ocean Inlet Park Beach and Sandoway Park Beach
March is National Nutrition Month® and this year’s theme is Put Your Best Fork Forward.
For the year 2017, “Putting Your Best Fork Forward” consists of making healthy food and lifestyle choices. Here are five tips on how to keep your “best fork forward”:
1. Make great nutrition choices. Tip - At the supermarket make sure to read labels and avoid items high in sodium, sugar and cholesterol. Pay attention to the serving size and calculate the amount of calories in one serving.
2. Arrange an easy system that makes cooking great and simple! Tip - Do most of the shopping and meal prep during the weekend or the night prior so cooking will not be too troubling or time consuming.
3. Reach and create physical goals. Tip - Being able to put our “best fork forward,” we need to stay active. Walk for 30 minutes a day…or dance, swim or garden!
4. Change recipes to include healthier ingredients. Tip – Substitute high salt seasonings with fresh garlic, onions, and herbs or a salt-free seasoning.
5. Help someone make better nutrition and lifestyle decisions for the month of March and the rest of the year. Tip - Partner up with a co-worker during your break time and go for a 15 minute walk. At lunch, keep track of the calories of the food items ordered with co-workers. Partners will help keep each other accountable.
For more information check out www.eatright.orgPalm Beach County Community Health Assessment available here
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals