West Palm Beach, Fla. —The Florida Department of Health in Palm Beach County recognizes the value in measuring health outcomes and today acknowledged the 2019 County Health Rankings & Roadmaps tool released by the University of Wisconsin and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- Swim It, Shore It or Dodge It
- Rabies Prevention
- National Nutrition Month
- February Marks the Beginning of American Heart Month
- Flu Season in Full Swing
- Florida Department of Health Palm Beach County Sistas Organizing to Survive Conference
- Florida Health Palm Beach County - Healthy Beaches All Test Satisfactory
- DOH-Palm Beach Supports National Cancer Awareness Month
- DOH-Palm Beach Health Advisory for Dubois Park Cancelled
The Florida Department of Health (FDOH) celebrates March as National Nutrition Month®, which is sponsored annually by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. For this year’s theme, FDOH is encouraging Floridians to “Enjoy More Fruits and Vegetables.” An easy way to build a healthy plate is to make half your plate fruits and vegetables. It is also a great way to add color, flavor, and texture plus vitamins, minerals and fiber. All these benefits are packed in fruits and vegetables that are also low in calories and fat.Full Story on FloridaHealth.gov
The department encourages everyone to review these tips to stay safe while enjoying Florida’s beaches:
1. In Florida, red tide is caused by a naturally occurring microscopic alga called Karenia brevis.
2. Red tide algal blooms can change rapidly, staying in one place for months or just a few days or weeks.
3. Symptoms from breathing red tide usually include coughing, sneezing and watery eyes. For most people, symptoms are temporary and typically go away when the person leaves the area.
4. People with chronic respiratory problems, like asthma, should avoid areas with active red tides. People with symptoms that persist should seek medical attention.
5. Residents sensitive to red tide and living in beach areas affected by blooms are advised to close windows and run the air conditioner (making sure that the AC filter is maintained according to the manufacturer’s specifications).Latest Red Tide Reports and FAQs
Upcoming EventsMore Events...
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals